THEO 104 THEO104 Week 4 Quiz Jesus Christ
THEO 104 Week 4 Jesus Christ
Towns: Chs. 4 & 6
1. List the eleven proofs of Christ’s resurrection.
2. T/F: Jesus predicted His death and resurrection.
1. What does the Greek word proseuchamai mean?
2. T/F: The Lord’s Prayer embryonically contains everything a Christian must know and every way that a Christian must pray.
3. *Since a Christian has the righteousness of Christ, what should he do daily?
Etzel & Gutierrez: Chs. 16–20
1. “The making of enemies into friends by averting the punishment that their sin would otherwise incur” defines what word?
2. What was the Day of Atonement?
3. T/F: One difference between the sacrifices of the Old Testament and the sacrifice of Jesus is that Jesus' sacrificial offering for sin was permanent.
4. Understand the significance of the various Greek words used in the New Testament for “redemption.”
5. It has been said that the story of the Bible could be summarized with what word?
6. Does the Bible affirm that Jesus is both 100 percent God and 100 percent man?
7. T/F: The Bible records the virgin birth as a fact?
8. What is the central claim of Christianity?
“New Life in Christ”—Pg. 298–307
1. What is the term that describes why we have a legal standing by which we are declared righteous before God, and, on the basis of this judicial act, the Christian enjoys the life and peace of God?
2. Who is the first person in the Bible described as having been justified by faith?
3. According to the excerpt, which two words are linked in Scripture, in that both come from the same word “dikaios?”
4. When does Justification occur?
5. What four words does Paul use in Romans 6 to aid us in applying this truth to our Christian life? Explain.
6. What is Sanctification?
7. How do some wrongly define sanctification?
8. What is Positional sanctification?
9. What is Progressive sanctification?
10. What is Prospective sanctification?
“The Virgin Birth of Christ”—Pg. 184–191
1. What Old Testament Authors spoke about Christ’s future birth?
2. Why is it essential that Christ have been born of a virgin?
3. What are the two meanings for the word ‘almah?’
4. What does the author believe is the best translation for the word ‘almah’ in Isaiah 7:14?
“The Nature of Resurrection”—Pg. 238–245
1. What is the biblical definition of death?
2. What did the Roman soldiers do (and not do) that showed that Jesus was dead?
3. After Jesus’ resurrection, what became his new responsibilities?
4. What were five things that Jesus accomplished through His resurrection?
“The Death of Christ”—Pg. 213–224
1. What is “vicarious suffering”?
2. What is a “vicar”?
3. What does the word “redemption” mean?
4. What does the word “propitiation” mean?
5. What does “reconciliation” mean?
6. What is a “sin nature?”
7. What is “imputed sin?”
8. T/F The law is a unit; to break one is to break all.
9. How is every person a sinner on three counts?
10. What is the difference between judicial guilt and personal guilt?
11. T/F Man is not reconciled to God through the blood of Christ; rather, the moral and noble life of Christ should compel man to seek after God.
We Also Recommend
"Applying Skills Learned" Please respond to the following- From the e-Activity, explain what you learned about the Website you selected
(TCO 3) Managers are often required to make decisions about the future based