THEO 104 THEO104 Week 3 Quiz Mankind and Sin
THEO 104 Week 3 Mankind and Sin
Towns: Chs. 8 & 10
1. What point does the author illustrate with an elephant and 4 blind men?
2. Do Moslem leaders claim that Christianity and Islam are alike in that Allah was “the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ?”
3. What are the 4 questions that Darwinians have not been able to answer?
4. What question did the old Presbyterian catechism address first?
5. What do Christians believe the source of suffering to be?
6. What two reasons does the author suggest that we can know that Christianity actually explains life as we know it?
1. What is the relationship to works and salvation?
2. Why do Christians do good works?
Etzel & Gutierrez: Chs. 11–15
1. Does the image of God refer to something a human is or something a human does
2. Being created in the image of God should help to point one another to whom?
3. Is the image of God mentioned in both the Old Testament and the New Testament?
4. What ideas are included in the six different Greek words in the New Testament that talk about sin?
5. What does the heart represent in the Bible?
6. What are the three aspects of the human personality?
“The Fall of Man”
1. Satan began his temptation of Eve by placing doubt in her mind concerning what?
2. T/F: Prior to the Fall recorded in Genesis 3, Adam and Eve were all-knowing.
3. How much time did Adam and Even spend in Eden before they sinned?
4. What did Adam and Even do when God began to question them concerning their sin?
5. When Satan tempted Even in the garden, he appealed to what three avenues of temptation?
“Origin of Humanity”—Pg. 556–560
1. What are 4 reasons to question evolution?
2. What is the difference between an open and closed system?
3. What is Fiat Creationism?
4. What is Deistic Evolution?
5. What is Theistic Evolution?
6. What is Progressive Creationism?
7. Which two possibilities of Creationism does the author say are closest to scripture?
“Creation in the Image of God”
1. T/F: All of creation is created in the image of God.
2. T/F: The image of God in man solely refers to his immaterial nature.
3. T/F: Only Christians maintain the image of God.
4. T/F: The image of God in man was lost as a result of the fall of man.
5. What four primary aspects are included in the image of God?
“Essential Elements of Sin”
1. What are the two types of sin that exist?
2. Does God tempt man to sin?
3. Is it a sin to be tempted?
4. What are the four kinds of sin discussed in the article?
5. What are the spiritual consequences for sin?
“The Material and Immaterial Aspects of Man”
1. What terms are usually used to describe the various aspects of the immaterial nature of man?
2. The extensive use of which word places it in a position of supreme importance in Biblical psychology?
3. T/F: The use of the term “heart” is best understood by simply saying “me.”
4. What is the conscience?
5. What helps to develop the conscience in man?
6. Why is man described as essentially evil?
7. T/F: The heart of both the saved and unsaved is capable of being deceived by sin.
8. T/F: The heart can be “hardened” because of sin.
9. What does it mean to say that the soul-spirit is “amoral”?
We Also Recommend
"Applying Skills Learned" Please respond to the following- From the e-Activity, explain what you learned about the Website you selected
(TCO 3) Managers are often required to make decisions about the future based