THEA 107 THEA107 Week 8 Quiz Answers - PSU
THEA 107 Week 8 Quiz (Penn State University)
- The following quotation is an example of prose:“Full fathom five thy father lies;Of his bones are coral made;Those are pearls that were his eyes;Nothing of him that doth fadeBut doth suffer a sea changeInto something rich and strange.”
- The following quotation is an example of verse:“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind;And therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.Nor hath Love's mind of any judgment taste;Wings, and no eyes, figure unheedy haste:And therefore is Love said to be a child,Because in choice he is so oft beguiled.”
- Prose is reserved for Shakespeare’s noble, high-bred characters.
- Shakespeare’s Tragedies are structurally known for their intense violence and gore. This is known as:
- Shakespeare’s Romances are most closely associated with all of these elements of structure, except:
- Many of Shakespeare’s tragedies have a structure that leads to a happy ending, one that celebrates England’s strength.
- Let us imagine a play written by William Shakespeare has been discovered. The structure is this: “In 500 B.C.E, King Gerald of Norway (an actual real life figure) is told by his best friend, Edmund, that the King could amass a great fortune for his kingdom if he pillages a neighboring, passive country. King Gerald attacks, but in many soliloquies, admits he is conflicted about his actions. In retribution, the King of the passive country kidnaps, tortures and beheads the children of King Gerald, and plucks out the eyes of Queen Bernice, King Gerald’s wife. At the end, once his country has been conquered, he abdicates his throne and ends his own life by jumping off a cliff.” Based on the structural elements needed to classify Shakespeare’s stories, which genre does this story belong to?
- Let us imagine a play written by William Shakespeare has been discovered. The structure is this: “In Cairo, Sir Timas states a law that he will not turn over the throne to Prince Ferdinand if he does not find a wife by the next morning. Two identical sisters, Anne and Elizabeth, are on vacation in Egypt. Ferdinand is enamored of Anne but Anne wants nothing do to with him. Elizabeth, on the other hand, is madly in love with Ferdinand. So, she dresses as Anne, and begins to flirt with him, unbeknownst to Anne. Ferdinand’s jester, Bacche, knows what Elizabeth is doing and tells Anne. When Anne goes to confront Ferdinand, he proposes and demands she marry him now. Once Bacche has cleared up the mess, and aligns the right characters with the right lovers in time for the wedding, he gives us an epilogue warning us to the beauty, and folly, of love” Based on the structural elements needed to classify Shakespeare’s stories, which genre does this story belong to?
- Let us imagine a play written by William Shakespeare has been discovered. The structure is this: In the magical land of Tyranius, Herold’s wife and children are taken from him by an evil merchant. His family is whisked away to across the world. Herold’ eldest male child, Daniel, leaves behind his wife Marianne. Herold and Marianne then begin a trek across land and sea to bring the family back home. As they struggle to get to their family, Marianne is stolen by a rich landowner. It is only after Herold sells his wedding ring that he has enough money to buy Marianne back from the landowner. When Herold and Marianne finally reach their loved ones, the evil merchant will only give over the children but wishes to keep Herold’s wife for himself. His wife agrees and Daniel and Marianne are reunited. As the play reaches its bittersweet conclusion, the spirit of Herold’s wife return to Herold, saying that even though the merchant has her in body, her spirit will stay with Herold forever.” Based on the structural elements needed to classify Shakespeare’s stories, which genre does this story belong to?
- Name the gentleman who taught the lesson on Shakespearean prose and verse.
We Also Recommend
"Applying Skills Learned" Please respond to the following- From the e-Activity, explain what you learned about the Website you selected
(TCO 3) Managers are often required to make decisions about the future based