Strayer CIS 552 CIS552 Week 4 Lab Assessment Worksheet Solution
CIS552 Week 4 Lab Assessment Worksheet (STRAYER)
1. Which reconnaissance tool packaged with Microsoft Windows can provide IP mapping information and can be initiated from the DOS command prompt? What useful information does this query provide?
2. What is the difference between ARIN, RIPE, and IANA? What regions of the world do these domain name registry organizations cover?
3. What other functions can be completed using the Sam Spade utility?
4. What is the purpose of the traceroute command? What useful information does traceroute provide? How can this information be used to attack the targeted website?
5. What important information can be gleaned from a Whois record for a website?
6. How many different Whois profiles are pre-loaded in the Sam Spade utility
7. Is Sam Spade an intrusive tool? What is your perspective on the use of a freeware utility such as Sam Spade?
8. What do you think companies and organizations should do with regard to access to Whois information in the public domain?
9. What icon or function in Sam Spade downloads the entire HTML code of the targeted website?
10. Why would someone use a proxy to perform data gathering from a remote website?
11. If you wanted to find out if a person has been arrested or has a court date for anything specific, what information would you need to Google?
12. How can you estimate the number of employees who work in a an organization’s remote office or facility?
13. What is the goal when trying to use a search engine for data gathering or footprinting?
We Also Recommend
"Applying Skills Learned" Please respond to the following- From the e-Activity, explain what you learned about the Website you selected
(TCO 3) Managers are often required to make decisions about the future based