Strayer CIS 110 CIS110 WEEK 5 MIDTERM Answers
CIS 110 WEEK 5 MIDTERM (STRAYER)
- A(n) ____ is similar to a variable, except it can be assigned a value only once
- Fractional numeric variables that contain a decimal point are known as ____ variables
- Depending on the programming language being used, modules are also known as ____
- When the first letter of a variable name is uppercase, as in HourlyWage, the format is known as ____ casing.
- The assignment operator is the ____ sign.
- Declaring a starting value for a variable is known as ____ the variable
- In most programming languages, before you can use any variable, you must include a ____ for it.
- ____ is where a variable’s data type or other information is stored as part of the name
- In a flowchart, the ____ is used to represent processing.
- After a programmer plans the logic of a program, the next step is ____
- Computer programmers often refer to memory addresses using ____ notation
- ____ errors are relatively easy to locate and correct because the compiler or interpreter you use highlights every error.
- Placing a structure within another structure is called ____ structures.
- The action or actions that occur within a loop are known as a(n) ____
- The priming read is an example of a(n) ____ task
- The case structure is a variation of the ____ structure.
- if-else examples can also be called ____ because they contain the action taken when the tested condition is true and the action taken when it is false.
- A ____ read is an added statement that gets the first input value in a program
- Attaching structures end to end is called ____ structures
- A loop must return to the ____ question at some later point in a structure.
- A(n) ____ decision is a decision in which two conditions must be true for an action to take place.
- A(n) ____ decision is a decision in which at least one of two conditions must be true for an action to take place
- Usually, ____ variables are not considered to be equal unless they are identical
- For maximum efficiency, a good rule of thumb in an OR decision is to ____
- Boolean expressions are named after ____
- When creating a truth table, you must determine how many possible Boolean value combinations exist for the conditions. If there are two conditions, ____ combinations will exist.
- For maximum efficiency, a good rule of thumb in an AND decision is to ____
- In a truth table, the expression ____ is false
- The ____ sign means “greater than.”
- A(n) ____ is a software package that provides an editor, a compiler, and other programming tools.
- The repetition of a series of steps is called a(n) ____
- The major difference between the two main programming styles in use today is the ___
- A(n) ____ is a location on your computer screen where you type text entries to communicate with the computer’s operating system.
- You represent a decision in a flowchart by drawing a decision symbol, which is shaped like a ____.
- A(n) ____ is a program that you use to create simple text files.
- A specific numeric value is often called a(n) ____.
- When a program has several modules calling other modules, programmers often use a program ____, which operates similarly to an organizational chart, to show the overall picture of how modules are related to one another.
- When you write programs, you work with data in three different forms: ____
- As programs become larger and more complicated, the need for good planning and
design ____ .
- An ____ is most often represented by a three-sided box that is connected to the step it references by a dashed line.
We Also Recommend
"Applying Skills Learned" Please respond to the following- From the e-Activity, explain what you learned about the Website you selected
(TCO 3) Managers are often required to make decisions about the future based