STAT 500 STAT500 Homework 4 Solution (Penn State University)
STAT 500 STAT500 Homework 4 Answers (Penn State University)
Homework 4 (six problems)
1. A college admissions officer for the school’s online undergraduate program wants to estimate the mean age of its graduating students. From a previous study the standard deviation was approximately two (2) years.
2. Referring back to problem 1: If the mean age of online undergraduate students was 23 years of age, what is the probability that the sample of 40 would have produced a mean age of 24 or higher? Be sure to set up the two competing hypotheses and provide a statistical conclusion statement at a 5% level of significance for your results.
3. You run the advertising department for a large hotel chain. You want to estimate with 98% confidence the proportion of your guests who make reservations using your hotel’s website. You wish for the estimate to be within 5% of the true proportion.
4. Referring back to problem 3: if the true proportion were 50% or less, what is the probability your sample data from Part C would produce a sample proportion of 55% or higher? Be sure to set up the two competing hypotheses and provide a statistical conclusion statement at a 2% level of significance for your results.
5. For problem 4, explain in regards to the problem a Type I error.
6. Using Minitab, repeat problems 1B, 2, 3C, and 4. Copy and paste your output below where indicated.
We Also Recommend
"Applying Skills Learned" Please respond to the following- From the e-Activity, explain what you learned about the Website you selected
(TCO 3) Managers are often required to make decisions about the future based