SRV 332 SRV332 Week 5 Final Paper Shining the Spotlight on the Wynn Las Vegas
SRV 332 Week 5 Final Paper Shining the Spotlight on the Wynn Las Vegas
Focus of the Final Paper
In this assignment, students will demonstrate their understanding of past and current trends in the hospitality industry from a managerial perspective. Students will choose an establishment from the text, work experience, or one from internet research you have conducted (e.g., Ritz Carlton, Intercontinental Hotels, or MGM) and assess how it has progressed in this new era of hospitality. The focus should be on the organizational structure, service, marketing strategy, human resources practices, and merger (if any) with gaming entertainment, event planning, or restaurant (including food and beverage) operations. This assignment will help students understand what it takes to be successful in this service industry. Students will evaluate the hospitality industry as a whole and the departments that comprise it.
- Identify and explain the type of establishment, the hospitality services it offers (e.g., hotel, restaurant, or casino), and the unique aspects of the establishment that distinguishes it from competitors.
- Evaluate the current organizational structure.
- Suggest improvements to the organizational structure, or, if necessary, an alternate organizational structure.
Explain your suggestions and the reasoning behind them.
- Discuss any efforts this organization has made to address environmental issues in its operations and give
suggestions for improvement in this area.
- Describe how globalization has affected this establishment. Recommend improvements to address the challenges
and opportunities associated with globalization.
- Define the establishment’s marketing strategy and determine if it is effective. Provide recommendations for
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length (excluding the title and reference pages), and formatted
according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least five scholarly sources, including a minimum of three from the Ashford Online Library, in
addition to the textbook.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing