SOCI 111 SOCI111 Quiz 2 Answers (APUS)
SOCI 111 Quiz 2 (APUS)
- The process of gathering empirical (scientific and specific) data, creating theories, and rigorously testing theories is known as:
- Which of the following is not an example of qualitative research?
- Which of the following would not be considered a goal of quantitative research?
- Which of the following would not be considered a quantitative variable?
- A researcher finds that as years spent driving increases, the number of accidents decreases. This is an example of:
- Which of the following does not represent the concept of reliability?
- A characteristic of results that systematically misrepresent the full dimensions of what is being studied is referred to as:
- A researcher is interested in how same-sex marriages have been represented on cable television since certain states have begun introducing related legislation. Which of the following would be the most appropriate research method?
- Which of the following is not characteristic of surveys?
- Which of the following is an example of a leading question?
- Which of the following is not typically included in the ethical consideration portion of the research design process?
- A _____ refers to a relatively small number of people selected to represent a _____, which is the entire group of interest.
- The process by which people learn the culture of their society is referred to as:
- Which of the following statements best represents most sociologists’ stance on nurture vs. nature?
- Which of the following is not characteristic of the influence of reference groups?
- Which of the following is not outlined as one of the major agents of socialization?
- Which of the following behaviors is most likely the result of family socialization?
- Which of the following is not considered part of adolescent subculture?
- Adopting the behavior or standards of a group you emulate or hope to join is referred to as:
- Which of the following is not considered part of the resocialization process?
- Which of the following would be considered a violation of “normal” social interaction in the United States?
- Which of the following is not characteristic of Goffman’s theory of the presentation of self?
- Working-class parents often teach their children _____ and _____, while middle-class parents teach their children _____ and _____.
- The _____ refers to when social actors are engaged in a process of impression management through the use of props, costumes, gestures, and language, while the _____ is when actors let down their masks and practice their impression management.
- Participating in a family movie night would be considered a(n) _____ group interaction, while attending a school field trip to a local theater would be considered a(n) _____ group interaction.
We Also Recommend
"Applying Skills Learned" Please respond to the following- From the e-Activity, explain what you learned about the Website you selected
(TCO 3) Managers are often required to make decisions about the future based