SOC 490 SOC490 Week 3 Assignment Proposal for Statistical Research Project
SOC 490 Week 3 Assignment Proposal for Statistical Research Project
Proposal for Statistical Research Project. Having identified a population, an issue/problem that relates to that specific population, and then gathered academic resources that relate to the issue, you will now be asked to propose a statistical research project that directly relates to the social issue you identified for your selected population. Pay special attention to Chapter 7 of the text as well, as it has excellent information on variables that one can adequately test and general designs for experimentation involving statistical analysis.
- Plan a research study, describing in detail what you want to measure and why.
- Determine a realistic timeline for the completion of your project.
- Describe the individuals who would be involved in your study.
- Explain how many people would be needed to conduct the research project from a staffing perspective.
- Determine which statistical analysis method (e.g., statistical tests/measurements) would be most
appropriate for your application, and elucidate why you chose this method.
- Determine how many subjects you would require for your study and explain how you arrived at that number.
- Evaluate the importance of your proposed research study, and describe how the resulting data could best be used and which organizations or agencies will benefit best from it.
The paper must be three to four pages in length (exclusive of title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style. This assignment does not require the use of outside sources. However, feel free to use academic sources to support your proposal. Remember that all sources must be cited according to APA standards. For information regarding APA samples and tutorials, visit the Ashford Writing Center, within the Learning Resources tab on the left navigation toolbar, in your online course.