SOC 333 SOC333 Week 4 DQ 1 Quantitative Methods
SOC 333 Week 4 DQ 1 Quantitative Methods
Quantitative Methods. 1st Post Due by Day 3. This discussion supports your understanding of the quantitative method of research and the varied elements involved in the management, interpretation and reporting of a quantitative study. In your initial post, address the following:
- Differentiate between randomized and nonrandomized approaches to sampling populations. Discuss the importance of the role of sampling when conducting research.
- Discuss the usefulness of pretesting, pilot testing, or field-testing a survey.
- Explain how response bias can influence the outcomes of a study.
- Explain why measures of dispersion and measures of central tendencies are important when doing data
analysis and interpretation in an experimental study.
- Discuss the implications of using previously used instruments on the outcomes of a study.
Your initial post should be at least 250 words in length. Support your claims with examples from the required material(s) and/or other scholarly resources, and properly cite any references. Respond to at least two of your classmates’ posts by Day 7.