SOC 100 SOC100 Week 5 Midterm Exam Part 2 Answers (Strayer)
SOC 100 Week 5 Midterm Exam Part 2
- Psychoanalysis, the psychological perspective that emphasizes the complex reasoning processes of the conscious and unconscious mind, is associated with which major theorist?
- Which of the following would be considered a violation of “normal” social interaction in the United States?
- What is the sociological definition of significant others?
- Adopting the behavior or standards of a group you emulate or hope to join is referred to as:
- How would sociologists define social learning?
- The unspoken classroom socialization to the norms, values, and roles of a culture that school provides is referred to as:
- The ability of groups to exclude outsiders participating in the group or enjoying group resources is referred to as:
- The simplest group, consisting of two persons, is referred to as:
- Power that depends on the ability to persuade rather than command is referred to as:
- Which of the following examples illustrates groupthink?
- A group consisting of three people is referred to as:
- Groups characterized by intense emotional ties, intimacy, and identification with membership in the group are referred to as:
- Theories that identify the conflicting interests of certain segments of the population are referred to as:
- The act of having multiple wives is referred to as:
- The idea that what is labeled deviant or criminal—and therefore who gets punished—is determined by the interests of the dominant class is referred to as:
- The theory that people differ not only in their motivation to engage in deviant acts but also in their opportunity to do so is referred to as:
- According to Émile Durkheim, what condition occurs when people lose sight of the shared rules and values that give order and meaning to their lives?
- A crime considered so heinous that it is punishable by death is referred to as:
- The systematic ranking of different groups of people in a hierarchy of inequality is referred to as:
- A disparity in income, wealth, power, prestige, and other resources is referred to as:
- The ability to exercise influence on political institutions and/or actors to realize personal or group interests is referred to as:
- _____ refer to people who share a common characteristic without necessarily interacting or identifying with one another.
- The value of everything a person owns minus the value of everything he or she owes is referred to as:
- Which of the following is the best sociological definition of income?
- According to Karl Marx, the _____ own the means of production, which they use to exploit the labor of the _____.
We Also Recommend
"Applying Skills Learned" Please respond to the following- From the e-Activity, explain what you learned about the Website you selected
(TCO 3) Managers are often required to make decisions about the future based