SOC 100 SOC100 Week 5 Midterm Exam 1 Answers (STRAYER)
SOC 100 SOC/100 SOC100 Week 5 Midterm Exam 1 (STRAYER)
- According to Marx, the key difference between the working class and the capitalist class was:
- Patterned social arrangements that have an enabling or constraining effect on agency are referred to as:
- Accepted social behaviors and beliefs are referred to as:
- The ability to grasp the relationship between individual lives and the larger social forces that shape them is referred to as:
- Elementary schools serve as childcare institutions, allowing more parents to participate in the workforce. Which perspective does this statement reflect?
- ____ is considered the first female sociologist and argued that injustices such as slavery and women’s inequality stunted a society’s moral development.
- The ability of individuals and groups to exercise free will and to make social change is referred to as:
- The ability to evaluate claims about truth by using reason and evidence is referred to as:
- _____ established the first rules for conducting sociological research and examined the impact of modern society on social solidarity.
- A researcher finds that as income increases, square footage of respondent’s home also increases. This is an example of:
- The process of gathering empirical (scientific and specific) data, creating theories, and rigorously testing theories is known as:
- A _____ relationship is one in which one variable is the cause of another variable.
- _____ reasoning starts from broad theories but proceeds to break them down into more specific and testable hypotheses.
In sociological research, ideas about the world that describe a possible relationship between social phenomena are referred to as:
A researcher finds that as years spent driving increases, the number of accidents decreases
Specific techniques for systematically gathering data are referred to as:
The term used to summarize a set of phenomena is:
Common rules of a culture that govern the behavior of people belonging to it are referred to as:
The ability of a local culture to absorb outside influences that fit in and enrich their culture while resisting those that are alien is known as:
The abstract creations of human cultures, including ideas about behavior and living, are referred to as:
The worldview whereby we understand the practices of another society sociologically, in terms of that society’s own norms and values and not our own, is referred to as:
The physical objects created, embraced, or consumed by society that help shape peoples’ lives are referred to as:
The desire of imperialistic nations to see their power, influence, and profits grow throughout the world is known as:
A culture that exists together with a dominant culture but differs from it in some important respects is referred to as:
Commitment to respecting cultural differences rather than submerging them into a larger, dominant culture is referred to as:
We Also Recommend
"Applying Skills Learned" Please respond to the following- From the e-Activity, explain what you learned about the Website you selected
(TCO 3) Managers are often required to make decisions about the future based