SOC 100 SOC100 Final Exam Part 1 Answers (Spring 2016)
SOC 100 SOC/100 SOC100 Final Exam Part 1 (Spring 2016)
- Less powerful groups who are dominated politically and economically by a dominant group are referred to as:
- The practice of spatially or socially segregating people on the basis of race or ethnicity is referred to as:
- The coexistence of different racial and ethnic groups characterized by acceptance and respect for one another’s differences is referred to as:
- The study of communities and their social status, practices, and problems to understand patterns of health and disease is referred to as:
- A group sharing apparent physical traits deemed by society to be socially significant is referred to as:
- Women’s inequality is primarily the result of imperfect institutions, which can be corrected by reforms that do not fundamentally alter society itself. This statement reflects the beliefs of:
- The matrix of domination is a system in which:
- Standpoint epistemology, a philosophical perspective that what we can know is affected by the position we occupy in society, is a major tenet of:
- Patriarchy refers to:
- Which of the following is considered the "factory of gendered personalities"?
- When two or more people live together and have a legally or normatively recognized relationship, this is an example of which of the following social institutions?
- According to Nancy Chodorow women, are socialized to be _____, seeking close bonds and defining themselves through relationships.
- In post-industrial societies, serial monogamy describes which of the following?
- Social groups consisting of one or more parents, children, and other kin, often spanning several generations, living in the same household are referred to as:
- What expression does Talcott Parsons use to describe the family?
- ____ refers to the education of racial minorities in schools that are geographically, economically, and/or socially separated from those attended by the racial majority.
- The transmission of society’s norms, values, and knowledge base by means of direct instruction is referred to as:
- Education is increasingly important for job seekers due primarily to which of the following factors?
- On which of the following points do conflict and functionalist theorists agree?
- Which of the following is an example of the sociological term "moral education"?
- Shared beliefs, values, norms, ideas, institutions, and organizations that create a common identity among a group of people is referred to as:
- A church that is formally allied with the state and is the official religion of the society is referred to as:
- The idea that religions can be understood as organizations in competition with one another for followers is known as:
- An item believed to have acquired transcendent or magical qualities connecting humans with the divine is known as:
- A system of common beliefs and rituals centered on “sacred things” that unites believers and provides a sense of meaning and purpose is referred to as:
We Also Recommend
"Applying Skills Learned" Please respond to the following- From the e-Activity, explain what you learned about the Website you selected
(TCO 3) Managers are often required to make decisions about the future based