SCIN 139 SCIN139 Quiz 3 Answers (APUS)
SCIN 139 Quiz 3 (APUS)
- Improvements in technology led to increases in population which in turn had economic, social, political and cultural effects.
- Although the Industrial Revolution technically spans more than one century, which time period saw the majority of technological advancements generally considered to be representative of the era?
- According to table 4-1, which of the following countries had the most dramatic population increase between 1550 and 1900?
- Which of the following countries had the slowest growth during the 1800s?
- From what you have read about Thomas Malthus, he would agree that there will be plenty of resources for everyone, no matter how many people there are.
- Between 1790 and 1970, rural-to-urban migration or "urbanization" was changing social and cultural structures of societies. In the United States, for example, the percentage of people living in urban areas jumped from _____% to _____%.
- Consequences of the rapid development of large cities in the 1700s, 1800s, and 1900s included all of the following problems, EXCEPT:
- "Improvements to water supply and removal of garbage were of primary importance to the public's health" describes:
- Three quarters of all 19th Century deaths are estimated to have been caused by infectious "crowd diseases."
- Name at least 2 ways in which agriculture played a crucial role in the industrialization of England
- The primary development that made industrialization possible was the harnessing of energy through _______ power.
- By the 1st quarter of the 1900s, basic elements needed to drive industrialization were in place. Name at least 2 of these elements:
- Briefly describe the elements of the Malthusian Trap (as a cycle).
- Study Figure 4-4 of the textbook. In five words or less, why did smallpox deaths rebound in the early 1870s?
- After the mid 1880's, Munich, Germany became one of the cleanest and healthiest of the European cities by controlling epidemics with civic improvements. Name at least two of these improvements.
- Describe the Demographic Transition and discuss its three-stage process.
We Also Recommend
"Applying Skills Learned" Please respond to the following- From the e-Activity, explain what you learned about the Website you selected
(TCO 3) Managers are often required to make decisions about the future based