SCIN 139 SCIN139 Quiz 2 Answers (APUS)
SCIN 139 Quiz 2 (APUS)
- Which of these regions led the world into the "great agricultural transition" and created the earliest civilizations?
- Which country has the oldest and most complete famine recorded in history?
- According to table 3-2 in the textbook, which of the following crops was a major subsistence base for South central Mexico as early as 4500 B.C.?
- In the 1500s, when trade and colonization were expanding across the world, these became the most precious commodity:
- In which part of the world, about 9000 years ago, was efficient agriculture being practiced?
- By the time of the "______ Age" - from about 1500 to 1000 B.C. - tools were harder and weapons were stronger which contributed to social evolution.
- Historically, improvements in agricultural technology have sustained greater numbers of people.
- Introduced in Europe in 1346 A.D., this deadly bacterial disease spread quickly, accounting for a 25% population loss in Europe over just 6 years.
- A monotonous diet dependent on only one crop (e.g. maize), has the best health consequences.
- The world's population growth has been evenly distributed.
- The Neolithic Age is when humans began a reliance on domesticated plants and animals.
- What was the estimated population of Mexico at the time of Spanish contact?
- Regarding 'the estimated population of Mexico at the time of Spanish contact,' what was the major reason the population declined to only 2 million about 100 years later?
- Name TWO additional factors that can explain the rise (and fall) of populations inhabiting different world regions: Health status, ______ and climate, dietary needs . (Your answer should not exceed 5 words).
- Name one way in which minor climate or environmental change has affected human population change: crops (Your answer should be 1-5 words in length).
- Name at least two 13th century events in China that led to major population loss - even though China's population was growing in the 11th and 12th centuries.
- Due to the over-reliance on a single crop, in combination with the land tenure system at the time (cheap labor on large estates), Ireland experienced a drastic reduction in population due to the catastrophe known as
- According to Table 3-2, name the crop that was a major subsistence base for the Andes Mountains as early as 4550 B.C.
We Also Recommend
"Applying Skills Learned" Please respond to the following- From the e-Activity, explain what you learned about the Website you selected
(TCO 3) Managers are often required to make decisions about the future based