SCIN 139 SCIN139 Quiz 1 Answers (APUS)
SCIN 139 Quiz 1 (APUS)
- From looking at trophic levels, the level that is defined as capturing energy from all levels is _________.
- The complexity of human survival networks includes all of the following except:
- In which major biome does much of the northern part of Africa occur? (Hint: south of the Chaparral biome.)
- The Inuit (Eskimo) gain most of their food by hunting marine and terrestrial mammals. This is an example of:
- On the population growth curves illustrated in Figure 2-4, “K” indicates:
- "In any conversion of energy from one form to another, some energy is degraded." This is a statement of the:
- In Chapter 2, biogeographical regions called ___________ have different combinations of climate, precipitation rates altitude, terrain, and geographic features.
- In which major biome does the central part of the U.S. occur in? (Hint: This question pertains to most of Texas and the central states north of Texas):
- The first (trophic) level of producers in the energy chain are called the ___________, or self-feeders. These are plants and algae that use photosynthesis.
- The periodic shift in climate that causes changes in disease organizations and crop production is known as:
- Adaptive acceleration over the last 200 years has created a new ecological niche called:
- Polynesian transition from fish, taro and coconut to spam, canned fish and refined white flour is an example of:
- An organisms ability to adjust to its environment is called:
- In which major biome would you find the coldest temperatures
- People living in more developed countries consume more grain directly than indirectly (though poultry or beef).
- Regarding 'Ecology' definitions, which type of ecology describes the diversity of population responses to environmental and social variables?
- Populations in several world regions shifted to a more sedentary lifestyle dependent on foods they could grow or collect nearby. This happened during the:
- What does "S.P.E.E.C.H." stand for?
We Also Recommend
"Applying Skills Learned" Please respond to the following- From the e-Activity, explain what you learned about the Website you selected
(TCO 3) Managers are often required to make decisions about the future based