SCI 151 SCI151 Final Exam Answers (Phoenix)
SCI 151 Final Exam (PHOENIX)
1. Which of the following has our cosmic "address" in the correct order?
2. Which of the following is largest?
3. Which of the following best describes our Milky Way Galaxy?
4. The motion of stars across the night sky in a single night is caused by the
5. The reason we experience seasons on Earth is
6. Why do we see different phases of the Moon?
7. From lowest energy to highest energy, which of the following correctly orders the different categories of electromagnetic radiation?
8. We can learn a lot about the properties of a star by studying its spectrum. All of the following statements are true except one. Which one?
9. When white light passes through a cool cloud of gas, we see
10. The spectra of most galaxies show redshifts. This means that their spectral lines
11. From laboratory measurements, we know that a particular spectral line emitted by hydrogen
appears at a wavelength of 486.1 nanometers (nm). The spectrum of a particular star shows the
same hydrogen line appearing at a wavelength of 485.9 nm. What can we conclude?
12. Which of the following attributes is NOT shared among all the terrestrial planets?
13. Which object has the largest volcano in the solar system?
14. A star's luminosity is the
15. Approximately, what basic composition are all stars born with?
16. If the distance between the Earth and a star is doubled, with everything else remaining the same, the luminosity of the star
17. The spectral type sequence sorts stars according to
18. On a Hertzsprung-Russell diagram, where would we find stars that are very hot and luminous?
19. The interior structure of a low-mass star near the end of its life is a(n)
20. What happens to the core of a star after a planetary nebula occurs?
21. After a Type II supernova event, what is left behind?
22. What happens when the gravity of a massive star is able to overcome neutron degeneracy pressure?
23. What is the source of most of the heavy elements on Earth and in our own bodies?
24. Which of the following types of galaxies contain mostly old yellow stars?
25. The Hubble distance-velocity relationship states that
We Also Recommend
"Applying Skills Learned" Please respond to the following- From the e-Activity, explain what you learned about the Website you selected
(TCO 3) Managers are often required to make decisions about the future based