SC 250 SC250 Quiz 1 (Kaplan University)
SC 250 Quiz 1 (Kaplan University)
- If a scientist is confronted with two competing hypotheses, how does he judge which is better?
- If a theory has been tested extensively and seems to apply everywhere in the universe, we call it
- The scientific method
- The first step of the scientific method is to form a hypothesis.
- Which statement is true about the discipline of science?
- After repeated experiments, scientists will usually arrive at a comprehensive explanation for a problem. That explanation is called
- A hypothesis is
- The scientific method depends on:
- Why is mathematics the language of science?
- The scientific method is used every day in solving common problems. Suppose that the lights suddenly go off in your house. Which of the following is a sensible hypothesis for the lights going out?