PSYC 307 PSYC307 MidTerm Exam (Devry)
PSYC 307 MidTerm Exam (Devry)
- (TCO 2) Historically, researchers have focused upon two main theories of leadership effectiveness: _____ and ____.
- (TCO 2) Vince Lombardi had a _____ personality; his followers' goal was to be equal to their understanding of his ____.
- (TCO 2) Concern for others requires _____ and ____, and the result is ____, which is the foundation of ____.
- (TCO 2) ____, ____, and _____ are traits found in charismatic leaders.
- (TCO 2) Successful leaders today function more as _____ and ____, and less as ______ and ____.
- (TCO 2) Different kinds of intelligence include all of the following except:
- (TCO 2) Increasingly, the American workplace is becoming ____, ____, and ____.
- (TCO 2) _____ describes how difficult the leader's job can be: "Since no important decision ever pleases everyone in an organization, the leader must also absorb the displeasure, and sometimes the severe hostility, of those who would have taken a different course."
- (TCO 2) A transformational leader does all but which of the following:
- (TCO 2) Situational factors that influence the leadership process include:
- (TCO 5) The philosophy behind the quality movement is:
- (TCO 2) Ghiselli identified six traits as being important for effective leadership. Which of the following is not one of them?
- (TCO 2) Todd McFarlane's leadership success could be traced to:
- (TCO 3) A leader's use of _____ and _____ is effective only for a short period of time.
- (TCO 3) Employee participation has been shown to have a _____ impact on business success.
- (TCO 5) Total Quality Management (TQM) is a cooperative form of _____ that energizes employees and tears down walls.
- (TCO 3) Good ways to be a servant leader include:
- (TCO 3) Religious ethics are based on a _____ understanding of the world.
- (TCO 5) The self-fulfilled person possesses all of the following except:
- (TCO 5) All of the following motivational levels and psychological needs are correctly matched except:
- (TCO 5) A company that promotes communication, employee relations, and the open-door policy would interest an applicant at the:
- (TCO 3) The participative leadership process involves:
- (TCO 5) After survival, security, and belonging needs are satisfied, people are motivated by the need for:
- (TCO 5) When survival needs are satisfied and a person feels fairly secure, the need to give and receive _____ normally emerges.
- (TCO 1) A leader's ability to _____ and _____ is essential for leadership success.
- (TCO 5) The importance of motivation is suggested by findings that most people believe they could give as much as _____ to _____ percent more effort at work than they now do with no one, including their own supervisors, recognizing any difference; and they also believe they could give _____ to _____ percent less effort with no one noticing any difference.
- (TCO 5) Leadership tips for a high morale workplace include:
- (TCO 5) If less than _______ percent of your job is enjoyable, there is a morale problem.
- (TCO 5) A continuum of empowerment, least to most, is as follows:
- (TCO 5) Robert Cole identifies leadership principles that empower people, including all but one of the following:
- (TCO 5)
(1) Explain how the philosophies of W. Edwards Deming impact quality in the workplace.
(2) Explain any five practices in the "Deming Way" and discuss how each directly contributes to a quality workplace.
- (TCO 1,4) Understanding why people do what they do is the basis for leading and managing people.
- (1) Using Jeffrey Pfeffer's nine points about motivation from our book, please explain how employee motivation and company success are related. (7 points)
- (2) Explain how unsatisfied needs can be harmful to an individual and give an example from your own experience. (8 points)
- (3) Describe five ways a leader might motivate employees. (5 points)
We Also Recommend
"Applying Skills Learned" Please respond to the following- From the e-Activity, explain what you learned about the Website you selected
(TCO 3) Managers are often required to make decisions about the future based