PSY 326 PSY326 Week 2 Discussion 2 Hypothesis Testing
PSY 326 Week 2 Discussion 2 Hypothesis Testing
Hypothesis Testing. 1st Post Due by Day 3. Based on the study you designed in the Research Design discussion, apply the scientific method by specifying the five steps of hypothesis testing for your study.
- Step 1: State the hypothesis.
- Step 2: Collect the data – For the purpose of this discussion, you will state how you would collect the
- Step 3: Calculate statistics – For the purpose of this discussion, you will indicate the statistical analysis
technique(s) you would use.
- Step 4: Compare to a critical value – For the purpose of this discussion, you will indicate where you
would set the alpha value and why. Note: This step is hypothetical, as you are not actually conducting a statistical analysis. Consequently, you will choose if the results of your hypothetical analysis are above or below the critical value.
- Step 5: Make a decision – For the purpose of this discussion, you will create a conclusion based on the hypothetical results from Step 4. Be sure to include a recommendation on the effectiveness of the new drug based on the results.
Utilize a minimum of two peer-reviewed sources that were published within the last 10 years and are documented in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Guided Response: Review several of your classmates’ posts. Provide a substantive response to at least two of your peers. Do you agree with the choice of statistical technique for the study? Why or why not? Should your classmate’s post have included any additional information?.
We Also Recommend
"Applying Skills Learned" Please respond to the following- From the e-Activity, explain what you learned about the Website you selected
(TCO 3) Managers are often required to make decisions about the future based