PSY 326 PSY326 Week 1 Quiz 2 Answers (2019) - Ashford
Ashford PSY 326 Week 1 Quiz 2 Answers - 2019
- A researcher sets up an experiment involving the use of some sophisticated equipment. The research proposal is approved by the IRB and a grant to cover the cost of the equipment is received from a funding agency. The researcher does not mention that he owns stock in the company he chooses to supply the equipment. The same type of equipment is available from other companies, of comparable quality and price. Is this ethical or unethical?
- Which of the following is tasked with reviewing and monitoring all research involving nonhuman animals in order to protect the welfare of research subjects?
- _____ is a set of federal laws that established institutional review boards and the baseline standard of ethics for all federally funded research.
- Which are the three key principles for the protection of human research subjects established by the Belmont Report in the 1970s?
- A researcher told students that their responses to an online survey on cheating were anonymous. One question asked students for their email address to use in a raffle drawing. Instead, the researcher used this to locate GPAs in school files so he could correlate frequency of cheating and GPA. Which ethical principles were violated in this situation?
- Which section of the APA Ethics Code deals with ethics in research situations?
- A researcher is testing a new drug for a condition that has no existing effective treatments. A sample of people with the condition is recruited and randomly divided into two groups – treatment (which receives the new drug) and control (which receives a placebo). The placebo looks exactly like the real drug but it does not contain the active ingredients, and the participants do not know which they are receiving. To ensure this study is ethical, what needs to be included in the research procedures?
- A psychology professor offers extra credit in a course if students volunteer to participate in his study. There is no opportunity for students who do not volunteer for this particular study to earn the extra credit. Is this ethical or unethical?
We Also Recommend
"Applying Skills Learned" Please respond to the following- From the e-Activity, explain what you learned about the Website you selected
(TCO 3) Managers are often required to make decisions about the future based