PSY 325 PSY325 Week 2 Discussions Standard Normal Distribution
PSY 325 Week 2 Discussions Standard Normal Distribution
Standard Normal Distribution. 1st Post Due by Day 3. For this discussion, identify the appropriate application of standardized scores to reflect on their benefits and to interpret how test scores and measures are commonly presented.
Review Chapter 3 of your course text, which introduces probability and the standard normal distribution. Examine the assumptions and limitations presented in these topics and then consider and discuss the following questions:
- This is an easy to understand video that takes you step-by-step through the basic hypothesis testing process. It is helpful for learning what a p-value is and how statistical significance works.
- Accessibility Statement does not exist
- When comparing data from different distributions, what is the benefit of transforming data from these distributions to conform to the standard distribution?
- What role do z-scores play in this transformation of data from multiple distributions to the standard normal distribution?
- What is the relationship between z-scores and percentages?
- In your opinion, does one do a better job of representing the proportion of the area under the standard
curve? Give an example that illustrates your answer.
Guided Response: Review your classmates’ posts. Respond substantively to at least three peers. What did you find useful about their explanations and examples? What suggestions would you make for improvement? Ask a question for further clarification as to the meaning and use of the z-scores.
We Also Recommend
"Applying Skills Learned" Please respond to the following- From the e-Activity, explain what you learned about the Website you selected
(TCO 3) Managers are often required to make decisions about the future based