PS 124 PS124 Unit 2 Quiz (Kaplan)
PS 124 Unit 2 Quiz (Kaplan)
- What did Charles Darwin suggest that the evolution of living organisms is guided by?
- The limbic system, a doughnut-shaped structure at the border of the brain’s older parts and the cerebral hemispheres, is associated with basic motives, emotions, and memory functions. Two parts of the limbic system are the amygdala and the
- Endorphins are released in the brain in response to
- To what do evolutionary psychologists attribute the human tendency to fear snakes and heights?
- Studies of people with split brains and brain scans of those with undivided brains indicate that the left hemi sphere excels in
- Judging and planning are enabled by the ________ lobes.
- The threadlike structures made largely of DNA molecules are called
- Plasticity—the brain’s ability to reorganize itself after damage—is especially evident in the brains of
- The initial reward center discovered by Olds and Milner was located in the
- When an action potential reaches the axon terminal of a neuron, it triggers the release of chemical messengers called