PHSC 210 PHSC210 Quiz 3 Answers (LIBERTY)
PHSC 210 Quiz 3 (LIBERTY)
- In a _________ fault, the hanging wall block moves up with respect to the footwall block.
- ___________ are usually the most abundant gases emitted during the basaltic volcanism
- When a radioactive isotope decays by electron capture, the electron ______________.
- Cinder cones __________.
- These seismic waves are characterized by particle motion that is 90 degrees from the direction of wave energy propagation. As such, they are called transverse waves
- The most violent volcanic activity is associated with __________
- The _________ magnitude scale is a measure of the energy release in an earthquake
- What is the process by which geologists identify and match sedimentary strata and other rocks of the same ages in different areas?
- Who was the leading proponent of uniformitarianism in the 18th century
- Preserved animal feces are known as _________
- The assumptions made in radioisotope dating include
- The average composition of rocks comprising a large composite cone or stratovolcano is similar to a (an) ______ magma.
- In a _______ fault, the hanging wall block moves down with respect to the footwall block
- The lithosphere is defined as _________
- The Mercalli Scale is a scale from
- ______________ have the highest velocities of all of the seismic waves.
- The half-life of carbin-14 is about 6000 years. Assume that a sample of charcoal was formed by the burning of living wood 15,000 years ago. How much of the original carbin-14 would remain today?
- When rocks are matched based in composition and internal structures, then __________ correlation has occurred.
- You are a geologist, and you find a rock included in another rock. You would conclude that the inclusion is the older of the two rocks
- The RATE team used helium to measure the age of certain minerals. The ages they determined were on the order of millions of years
- Lapilli are pea-sized pyroclasts
- Mt. Fuji, Mt. St. Helens, and Mt. Kilauea are all examples of stratovolcanoes
- A syncline is a u-shaped fold.
- Describe the Mt. St. Helens eruption in detail. Concentrate on those aspects of the eruption that are most impressive to you. How does this eruption testify to the awesomeness of the earth and the God who created it? Your answer must be at least one paragraph in length
- Name and describe the three types of unconformities. Your answer should be at least one paragraph long
We Also Recommend
"Applying Skills Learned" Please respond to the following- From the e-Activity, explain what you learned about the Website you selected
(TCO 3) Managers are often required to make decisions about the future based