Objectives Your company is currently investigating the use of Linux. Your manager has asked you to research the feasibility of using Linux in both the server and workstation environments
Your company is currently investigating the use of Linux. Your manager has asked you to research the feasibility of using Linux in both the server and workstation environments (from the operating system point of view). Your manager would like to see an 8- to 10-page paper that
1. compares and contrasts Linux server and Linux workstation OS products between three separate and distinct Linux distros (i.e., RedHat, SuSe, Ubuntu ); and
2. addresses the specific issues of total cost of ownership, training, support, performance, reliability, and application availability.
Back to Top
The following is a list of guidelines for your Course Project, due in Week 6.
• The Course Project is worth 150 points and is comprised of the following deliverables.
• Week 3: Outline (35 points)
• Week 6: Paper (115 points)
• The paper shall only address business requirements and concerns, not personal or home use of Linux.
• The paper shall address three different Linux vendors, along with each vendor’s specific server and workstation product.
• Each comparison or contrast item should include each of the three specific vendors—for both server and workstation products.
• The primary emphasis on grading will address comparison and contrast items; however, you must still provide references and cite your work throughout the paper.
• All DeVry University policies are in effect, including the plagiarism policy.
• Use each week's lecture, reading assignments, labs, and discussions as guidance and supporting information for your paper.
• APA formatting is required for your paper.
• The paper shall be your individual and original work. This is not a team project.
• The paper is intended to be a professional document.
• Questions concerning the paper may be discussed in the weekly Q & A discussion topic.