NUTR 251 NUTR251 Quiz 8 Answers - PSU
NUTR 251 Quiz 8 (Penn State University)
- What would be the approximate weight gain of a person who consumes an excess of 500 kcalories daily for one month?
- When an adult gains an extra 10 pounds of body weight, approximately how much of this weight is fat?
- Which of the following represents an indirect measure of the amount of energy released from food?
- A person who exhibits a physiological need to eat is most likely experiencing the sensation of
- After consuming a very large meal, the desire to eat a slice of chocolate cake is an example of behavior known as
- the thermic of a 500 calorie meal is about
- All of the following are characteristics related to the fat content in food except
- The brain chemical neuropeptide Y is known to specifically enhance the craving for
- What fraction of the day’s energy expenditure of the average person is represented by the basal metabolism?
- Which of the following factors has the most influence on the body’s metabolic rate?
- Which of the following is a feature of the basal metabolic rate (BMR)?
- An index of a person’s weight in relation to height is called
- Jim is a 45 year old who eats fast food at least 3 times a week and smokes a pack of cigarettes each day. He just had a physical examination and was told that his body mass index is 24. In what category would Jim’s BMI be classified?
- What is the weight classification assigned both to young women with 30% body fat and young men with 20% body fat?
- Jenny is 34 years old and has a BMI of 28. Her body type could be described as “pear-like.” John is 55 years old with a BMI of 28, and a body type that is “apple-like.” Why is John more likely than Jenny to be at risk for degenerative diseases?
- Ben is worried that his family history of heart disease and his BMI of 28 are putting him at very high risk for developing cardiovascular disease. What would a clinician advise Ben to help lower his risk?
- What term best describes a failure of the body’s cells to respond to secretion of insulin?
- . According to body mass index values, what fraction of the U.S. adult population is considered overweight or obese?
- All of the following describe the behavior of fat cells except
- What is the rationale for the fat cell theory of obesity?
- Television watching contributes to obesity for all of the following reasons except
- To help prevent body fat gain, the DRI suggests daily, moderately intense, physical activities totaling
- In a weight reduction regimen, the most realistic time frame for losing 10% of initial body weight is
- Which of the following would be most effective at lowering energy intake in a person on a weight reduction program?
- What is the best approach to weight loss?
- Which of the following is a feature of the body’s response to engaging in physical activity?
- Shelly weighs 128lbs she runs at 10 mile per hour pace 3 times a week for 45 minutes how many kcalories does she expend weekly doing this activity?
- Of the following, which is not among the recommended strategies for weight gain in an underweight person?
- An example of a behavior modification technique for weight control is to
- Fad diets often produce weight loss, at least initially, because
We Also Recommend
"Applying Skills Learned" Please respond to the following- From the e-Activity, explain what you learned about the Website you selected
(TCO 3) Managers are often required to make decisions about the future based