NUTR 251 NUTR251 Quiz 6 Answers - PSU
NUTR 251 Quiz 6 (Penn State University)
- What element is found in proteins but NOT in carbohydrates and fats?
- Which of the following is the primary factor that differentiates one amino acid from another?
- Approximately how many different amino acids are used in the synthesis of body proteins?
- Any of the following can be used by the body for the synthesis of a nonessential amino acid EXCEPT
- Which of the following is a feature of an essential amino acid?
- When two amino acids are chemically joined together, the resulting structure is called a
- What is meant by the amino acid sequence of a protein?
- In comparison to the well-defined structure of starch, which of the following is the most important factor that allows for the synthesis of thousands of different proteins?
- What is the process by which heat or acidity disrupts the normal shape of a protein chain?
- After a hamburger is eaten, in what organ is the hydrolysis of its proteins initiated?
- Protein-hydrolyzing enzymes are commonly known as
- What is the chief function of pepsin?
- What is the usual fate of orally ingested enzyme supplements?
- Which of the following describes a process in protein synthesis?
- What is the structure of an enzyme?
- What type of protein would the body make in order to heal a wound?
- What is the amino acid pool?
- The body's amino acid pool consists of
- What is the usual state of nitrogen balance for healthy infants, children, and pregnant women?
- Protein sparing in the body is best achieved when a person ingests
We Also Recommend
"Applying Skills Learned" Please respond to the following- From the e-Activity, explain what you learned about the Website you selected
(TCO 3) Managers are often required to make decisions about the future based