NUTR 251 NUTR251 Quiz 4 Answers - PSU
NUTR 251 Quiz 4 (Penn State University)
- Which of the following is NOT a source of dietary carbohydrates?
- Which of the following is known as blood sugar or dextrose?
- Which of the following is known as fruit sugar ?
- Which of the following carbohydrates is present in only very small amounts in single form in the diet?
- What is the composition of sucrose?
- The nutrition facts panel states there are 80 grams of sugar in a serving, approximately how many teaspoons of sugar would be in a serving of this food?
- Which of the following is a characteristic of dietary fibers?
- Enzymatic digestion of starches takes place in the small intestine and also in the
- Which of the following is NOT a property of fiber?
- What is the primary absorption site for digestible carbohydrates?
- The enzymes that digest dietary sugars are produced by the
- What is the primary function of insulin?
- When blood glucose concentration falls, what pancreatic hormone is secreted to stimulate release of stored glucose?
- Which of the following is a typical response of the body to changes in blood glucose?
- What term describes how quickly glucose is absorbed from a food after ingestion, how high blood glucose rises as a result, and how quickly blood glucose returns to normal?
- Your nephew Jimmy, who is 10 years old, has told you that his body doesn't make insulin. He confides in you that he craves candy but was told by his parents that he can only eat sugar-free snacks. From which of the following conditions does Jimmy most likely suffer?
- What percentage of the daily energy intake should come from carboydrates?
- The signficant difference between starch and cellulose is that:
- What is the minimum amount of carbohydrate that needs to be consumed to prevent ketosis?
- What nutrient has accounted for virtually all of the increase in kcal intake of people in the United States since the 1970s?
We Also Recommend
"Applying Skills Learned" Please respond to the following- From the e-Activity, explain what you learned about the Website you selected
(TCO 3) Managers are often required to make decisions about the future based