NUTR 251 NUTR251 Quiz 3 Answers - PSU
NUTR 251 Quiz 3 (Penn State University)
- In what organ does the digestion process begin?
- What structure controls the passage of material from the small intestine to the large intestine?
- After swallowing, in what order does food pass through the regions of the GI tract?
- What structure controls the release of material from the stomach to the small intestine?
- Among the GI tract organs, which has the strongest muscles?
- What is reflux?
- What is the function of mucus in the stomach?
- What is the fate of any enzymes that are present in the foods we eat?
- The process by which bile acts on fat so enzymes can attack the fat is known as
- The purpose of bicarbonate in the digestive process is to
- Which of the following classes of nutrients requires the least amount of digestion?
- Which of the following is generally NOT digested but does stimulate intestinal muscle contractions?
- Which of the following is a function of the intestinal microvilli?
- Which of the following is NOT a mechanism of absorption of nutrients by intestinal cells?
- When nutrients are transported from intestinal epithelial cells to the vascular system, what organ is first to receive them?
- Which of the following products of digestion is NOT normally released directly into the bloodstream?
- What is the first major organ to receive nutrients that are absorbed into the lymph?
- Which of the following nutrients requires the greatest time for digestion?
- What is the name given to partially digested food in the stomach?
- What types of enzymes are responsible for hydrolyzing the proteins in foods?
We Also Recommend
"Applying Skills Learned" Please respond to the following- From the e-Activity, explain what you learned about the Website you selected
(TCO 3) Managers are often required to make decisions about the future based