NUTR 251 NUTR251 Quiz 1 Answers - PSU
NUTR 251 Quiz 1 (Penn State University)
- A diet provides a total of 1200 kcalories, of which 30% of the energy is from fat and 20% from protein. How many grams of carbohydrate are contained in the diet?
- Before publication in a reputable journal, the findings of a research study must undergo scrutiny by experts in the field according to a process known as
- Recommended Dietary Allowances are based on the
- Which of the following is a purpose of both the Recommended Dietary Allowance and Adequate Intake?
- What is the AMDR for carbohydrate?
- What is the chief reason people choose the foods they eat?
- Which of the following is NOT classified as a macronutrient?
- What is the kcalorie value of a meal supplying 125 g of carbohydrates, 28 g of protein, 15 g of fat, and 10 g of alcohol?
- Which of the following nutrient sources yields more than 4 kcalories per gram?
- The amount of a nutrient that meets the needs of about 98% of a population is termed the
- The percentages of kcalorie intakes for protein, fat, and carbohydrate that are thought to reduce the risk of chronic diseases are termed the
- The 5 most common causes of death today in the United States include all of the following EXCEPT
- Factors known to be related to a disease but not proven to be causal are called
- Organic nutrients include all of the following except
- What is the meaning of a double-blind experiment?
- How much energy is required to raise the temperature of one kilogram (liter) of water 1° C?
- Which of the following represents a rationale for DRI energy recommendations?
- What does the Tolerable Upper Intake Level of a nutrient represent?
- What set of values is used to recommend the average kcalorie intake that maintains population groups in energy balance?
- All of the following are recognized, credible sources of nutrition information EXCEPT
We Also Recommend
"Applying Skills Learned" Please respond to the following- From the e-Activity, explain what you learned about the Website you selected
(TCO 3) Managers are often required to make decisions about the future based