NSCI 100 NSCI100 Quiz 2 with Answers (UMUC)
NSCI 100 NSCI100 Quiz 2
- The electric charge on all electrons
- If you strip electrons from an atom, the atom becomes a
- A difference between electric and gravitational forces is that electric forces include
- Two charges separated by 1 m exert a 1.0-N force on each other. If the charges are pushed to 0.25-m separation, the force on each charge will be
- A proton and an electron are placed in an electric field. Which undergoes the greater acceleration?
- When a battery does 24 J of work on 10 C of charge, the voltage it supplies is
- Compared to the work input to charge an electrostatic generator, the energy output is
- Which statement is correct?
- A circuit is powered with a battery. It is best to say that electrons flow
- When the voltage across a steady resistance is doubled, the current
- The current through two identical light bulbs connected in series is 0.25 A. The voltage across both bulbs is 110 V. The resistance of a single light bulb is
- An electric heater is rated at 300 W when used in a 110-V circuit. The safety fuse in the circuit can accommodate 15 A of current. How many heaters can be safely operated in the circuit?
- How much current is in a 60-W light bulb connected to 120 V?
- Every magnet contains at least
- Magnetism is due to the motion of electrons as they
- When a bar magnet is broken in half, the magnetic strength of each piece is
- The magnetic field strength inside a current-carrying coil will be greater if the coil encloses a
- A galvanometer calibrated to read current is
- Which force field can both accelerate an electron and change its speed?
- Faraday's law is the law that describes
- The metal detectors that travelers walk through at airports operate via
- An electric generator of itself
- The rate at which a transformer transfers energy is called
- A current of 4 A exist in the primary coil of a transformer. The voltage across the primary coil is 110 V. What is the power output of the secondary coil?
- An electronic game requires 6 V for operation. A transformer allows it to be powered from a 120-V outlet. If the primary has 500 turns, the secondary has
We Also Recommend
"Applying Skills Learned" Please respond to the following- From the e-Activity, explain what you learned about the Website you selected
(TCO 3) Managers are often required to make decisions about the future based