Music 007 Music004 Quiz 4 (Penn State University)
Music 007 Quiz 4 (Penn State University)
- Cornetist, trumpeter, and band leader from New Orleans; the first great jazz solo improviser, known for spontaneous, swinging melodies:
- Clarinetist and soprano saxophonist; one of the great early New Orleans jazz musicians, known for his blues-infused improvisations:
- Cornetist and band leader; he made some of the earliest recordings of New Orleans jazz in 1923; Louis Armstrong was a member of his band:
- Early jazz pianist who recorded with Louis Armstrong on West End Blues; he had a horn-like style of improvisation:
- Early important white saxophonist; he played the distinctive C melody saxophone, with a linear approach to improvisation:
- Simultaneous improvisation by all members of a group together; a feature of New Orleans jazz:
- Pianist and composer, he took the stride style he learned from James P. Johnson and infused his original piano pieces with rich textures, vigor, and an irrepressible joy. "Ain't Misbehavin'" was one of his popular show tunes, and "Handful of Keys" was one of his great stride style piano pieces.
- Composer, pianist, and band leader from New Orleans; one of the first musicians to bring together elements of ragtime piano and blues in a rhythmic manner that suggested swing eighth notes:
- In the following piece, who is the soloist from 0:41 to 1:05?
- In the following piece, listen particularly to the passage from 0:06 to 0:36. This is the characteristic style of New Orleans jazz. Which of the following terms best describes this style?
- Early important white trumpeter; his improvisations conveyed an advanced harmonic conception:
- Pianist and composer; “father of stride piano”; The Charleston was one of his popular pieces
- What is the form in the following piece? Sidney Bechet, blue horizon
We Also Recommend
"Applying Skills Learned" Please respond to the following- From the e-Activity, explain what you learned about the Website you selected
(TCO 3) Managers are often required to make decisions about the future based