MUSIC 004 Lesson 13 Quiz Answers (Penn State University)
MUSIC 004 Lesson 13 Quiz (Penn State University)
- By the end of the film Atonement, we come to recognize that jealousy and envy were motivations lurking within Briony when she was a child. What aspect of the mise-en-scene at the Tallis manor suggests a psychological resonance with these motivations?
- In the opening three minutes of Atonement, which of the following is NOT a way in which we hear the typewriter?
- In the film Atonement, on several occasions when we hear the Briony theme in the underscore, the overall sound alludes to the music of which great composer?
- Which of the following terms best describes the narrative film technique of depicting the same scene from two different perspectives at two different times within a film's narrative, without preparing the viewer for a "flashback"?
- In the "replay" of the fountain scene in Atonement, there are a number of differences, as compared with the scene as first presented. Which of the following does NOT correctly state a difference with the original presentation of the scene?
- In the film Atonement, in the scene where Robbie is at the typewriter, he sets the phonograph needle down on a Puccini aria from La Boheme. The aria begins as diegetic music, but it soon functions, in many respects, as nondiegetic music. Which of the following is NOT a way in which the aria functions as nondiegetic music?
- In her play The Trials of Arabella, Briony wrote several lines that are quite ironic in view of the real-life events that later transpire in the film Atonement. Which statement does NOT accurately convey one of these ironies?
- In the film Atonement, when we first see Robbie returning to the house with the twins, what theme do we hear?
- In the film Atonement, which of the following does NOT accurately represent a comparison of the Elegy theme and the War theme?
- In the classic Greek view, who is the principal tragic figure in Atonement?
We Also Recommend
"Applying Skills Learned" Please respond to the following- From the e-Activity, explain what you learned about the Website you selected
(TCO 3) Managers are often required to make decisions about the future based