MGMT 591 MGMT591 Week 8 Final Exam with Answers
MGMT 591 Final Exam Answers (DEVRY)
1.Please identify and briefly explain two of the five dimensions of national culture. (Points : 10)
2. There are six methods that teams use to make decision
3. Identify and define four of the seven key elements in the communication process. Give a specific example of a possible breakdown in a communication flow.(Points : 10)
4. Differentiate between trait theories of leadership and behavioral theories of leadership.
5. Describe and illustrate with an example an advantage that face-to-face communication has over written communication. Describe and illustrate with an example an advantage that written communication has over face-to-face communication.
6. The amount of cohesiveness and diversity found within teams can have both positive and negative effects upon a team’s performance. Answer the following.
(a). Describe how a team’s level of cohesiveness could have a negative impact upon performance.
(b). List four ways to increase team cohesiveness.
(c). How can increasing diversity in team membership decrease the team’s performance? d. Indicate two ways to improve performance within diverse teams
7. The use of social networking by professionals in the workplace as a means of communication is increasing dramatically. Describe how the use of social networks enhances or reduces productivity at an organizational level. Discuss how their social and work uses affect employee attitudes and behaviors.
TCO B) You are the manager of a business that cleans airliners. You are contracted by airlines to perform quick cleanups on planes between flights, as well as more extensive cleanings while planes are parked overnight. The airline industry is facing financial pressures and these pressures have trickled down to you. The airlines are having their planes cleaned less often and, as a result, they are dirtier when they are cleaned. It also seems like passengers are increasingly likely to leave really gross stuff behind.
The work is difficult. Your employees have not received raises in some time, and it likely that they won’t receive raises in the near future. The employees, individually and as a group, are quite open about not liking their jobs. Your managers are placing pressure on you to make the employees more productive. You subscribe to the theory that workers who are more satisfied with their jobs are more productive. You cannot give the employees raises, but you do have a very limited amount of discretionary funds. What can you do to increase the workers’ level of job satisfaction? Provide five specific steps you could take. (Points : 45)
As the chair, consider potential barriers to effective communication and which communication strategies you would recommend to help committee members to (a) to minimize the possibility of groupthink; (b) to reach consensus if not unanimity. Why?
Specific conflict management (resolution and stimulation) techniques might help you to negotiate an optimal solution? Discuss. Why?
How will you use the “dimensions of conflict handling intentions” to address any conflict that may arise between committee members? Why?
We Also Recommend
"Applying Skills Learned" Please respond to the following- From the e-Activity, explain what you learned about the Website you selected
(TCO 3) Managers are often required to make decisions about the future based