LEG 100 LEG100 Week 11 Final Exam Answers (Strayer)
LEG 100 Week 11 Final Exam (Strayer)
- The Federal Trade Commission Act considers the terms “deceptive” and “unfair” to be synonymous when determining what practices should be prohibited.
- The two federal agencies charged with enforcing consumer laws are the Federal Trade Commission and the Federal Communications Commission.
- Millie ordered clothes from a mail order catalog. No time was specified as to when the goods would be shipped. In such a case the FTC requires that the company must ship the goods to Millie
- A bailment was created for the parties' mutual benefit. This means that the bailee must use ordinary care with the property.
- Ed wants to give Howard his old car, but Howard says he doesn’t want it. Howard later reconsiders and tells Ed he does want the car. His previous repudiation means there is no gift, and Howard has no rights in the car.
- Social enterprises are organizations that pledge to behave in a socially responsible manner, even as they pursue profits.
- The advantage to an S corporation is
- No formal steps are necessary to create a sole proprietorship
- In order for a copyright holder to collect money damages from a person who used copyrighted material, it must be proven that
- A copyright is valid for 28 years after it is obtained and can be renewed for another 28 years.
- A proxy is a vote that is mailed in, like an absentee ballot
- When a corporation accepts legal responsibility for a contract, it is called novation.
- Lawyers often take the role of the incorporator, signing the charter and delivering it to the proper state officials.
- Under all chapters of the Bankruptcy Code, most of the debtor’s assets are distributed to creditors and the debtor has no obligation to share future earnings with creditors.
- Generally, filing bankruptcy stops the collection activity of creditors.
- In Chapter 11 bankruptcy only the debtor may propose plans of reorganization.
- The landlord's duty to provide quiet enjoyment of the premises and the landlord's duty to deliver and maintain the premises in a habitable condition are one and the same.
- Patrick owns an office building and leases space on a year-to-year basis. Patrick maintains a reversionary interest on the property
- Which agency establishes rules for treating both hazardous and nonhazardous forms of solid waste?
- What is the goal of the Superfund?
We Also Recommend
"Applying Skills Learned" Please respond to the following- From the e-Activity, explain what you learned about the Website you selected
(TCO 3) Managers are often required to make decisions about the future based