IT 513 IT513 Unit 1 Assignment (Kaplan University)
1. [Purpose] What is the purpose of this piece of writing? Is it clear?
2. [Ideas] What ideas and background information are provided to support the purpose of this piece of writing?
3. [Support] What evidence and examples are used to explain and develop the ideas that support the argument made in this piece of writing? Are the evidence and examples provided sufficient?
4. [Assumptions and bias] Are there unfounded assumptions or unreasonable biases?
5. [Conclusions] Are all of the conclusions, implications, and consequences of the argument (the results of the argument taken to their farthest extreme) considered?
6. [Point of view] Is the point of view clear and consistent, and have other points of view been considered?
7. [Analysis] Using these critical thinking tools, analyze the overall structure of this essay and the strength of the author’s argument, ideas, and support. Was the author successful in accomplishing the purpose? Why, or why not?