ISSC 362 ISSC362 Week 1 Quiz (American Military University)
ISSC 362 Week 1 Quiz (American Military University)
- Which of the following refers to a piece of code designed to cause harm that is intentionally inserted into a software system and will activate upon the occurrence of some predetermined data, time, or event?
- Denial of service (DoS) and distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks have the same effect, however a distributed denial of service (DDos) attack:
- While “hacker” has become a universal term for people who break the law or break into systems without authorization, these people are more correctly known as:
- Which of the following refers to a piece of software, a tool, or a technique that targets or takes advantage of a vulnerability?
- Which of the following is NOT considered one of the three types of controls you can use in risk mitigation?
- Blocking everything and allowing only what is needed is known as:
- A hierarchical system of servers and services specifically designed to translate IP addresses into domain names (forward lookups) as well as the reverse (reverse lookups) is called:
- Which of the following regulates the flow of traffic between different networks?
- The most common type of network and the frames that come with it is Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), also known as:
- Which of the following is protocol used to enable communication securely between points on a Virtual Private Network (VPN)?
- Cryptography provides an invaluable service to security by providing all of the following except:
- Which of the following terms refers to the process of positively identifying a party as a user, computer, or service?
- Which of the following terms refers to the ability to verify that information has not been altered and has remained in the form originally intended by the creator?
- Which of the following terms refers to the ability to have definite proof that a message originated from a specific party?
- What type of encryption uses the same key to encrypt and to decrypt information?
- Which of the following involves overwriting all of the information on a drive?
- Which of the following allows the placing of telephone calls over computer networks and the Internet?
- A chokepoint or a point where all traffic must enter or exit the facility is called a(n):
- Which gate classification meets or exceeds a height of eight feet and are of heavier construction—iron bars or concrete or similar materials?
- A device that prevents entry into designated areas by motor vehicle traffic is called a:
We Also Recommend
"Applying Skills Learned" Please respond to the following- From the e-Activity, explain what you learned about the Website you selected
(TCO 3) Managers are often required to make decisions about the future based