INF 325 INF325 Week 5 Assignment A Walk in the IT Director’s Shoes
INF 325 Week 5 Assignment A Walk in the IT Director’s Shoes
Assume you are an Information Technology Director for a small, growing firm and are tasked with developing an electronic resource security policy to deploy within your organization. The policy needs to protect the organization’s valuable electronic assets, but be flexible enough to accommodate employees as they go about executing their jobs and getting business done. It also needs to address communication and data security aspects such as remote data access, smartphone access, and internal electronic communications such as IM (instant messaging) and email.
In a minimum five page APA formatted paper (excluding title and reference pages) using the lecture, supplemental resources, and your own research, discuss the following elements.
- Discuss the differences between ‘implementation’ and ‘policy’, and describe the importance of their separation.
- Using information from the course, including the lectures and weekly reading, develop an outline of your security
policy which addresses the areas identified in the prompt. Be as specific as possible.
- Compare the policy differences between users who work remotely or use wireless hotspots to users who work on
site in a traditional office environment.
- Discuss how you would implement your security policy within the organization, including how employees would
be apprised of the new policies. Be sure to explain which elements are critical for a successful implementation of
- Include a minimum of five sources, one of which may be the textbook. Of these sources, three must be from the
Ashford Library or from IT industry standard periodicals.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper
- Must be a minimum of five double-spaced pages (excluding title and reference pages) in length, and formatted
according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Include a minimum of five sources which may include the text. Of these sources, three must be from the Ashford
Library or from IT industry standard periodicals.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing
We Also Recommend
"Applying Skills Learned" Please respond to the following- From the e-Activity, explain what you learned about the Website you selected
(TCO 3) Managers are often required to make decisions about the future based