HSM 433 HSM433 Week 3 Assignment Role of U.S. Agencies in Counterterrorism
HSM 433 Week 3 Assignment Role of U.S. Agencies in Counterterrorism
For this week’s assignment, review the required FBI and DNI websites above and watch the video “Herding Cats” by the DNI Clapper. Write an essay in which you select one U.S. agency from the list below and explain the agency’s role in counterterrorism operations. The U.S. agencies to choose from include:
- National Security Agency (NSA)
- Department of the Treasury,
- Department of Homeland Security
- Department of Energy,
- Department of State, or
- Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA)
In the essay,
- Summarize the function of the agency as it relates to counterterrorism operations inside the U.S. and
identify the tools available to the agency to conduct counterterrorism operations.
- Evaluate how the selected agency interacts with at least one other agency to perform counterterrorism
Identify the types of intelligence collected by the agency, and analyze if there are any restrictions on use
of the intelligence gathering techniques in counterterrorism operations.
The Role of U.S Agencies in Counter Terrorism Paper
- Must be a minimum of three to five double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references
pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
o Course name and number o Instructor’sname
- Must include an introductory paragraph with a succinct thesis statement. Thesis must be in both the introduction and the conclusion.
- Must use at least two scholarly or official government sources in addition to the course text.