HIS 206 HIS206 Week 1 Quiz
HIS 206 Week 1 Quiz
- In 1870 why did Chief Red Cloud travel to Washington, D.C., to speak with government officials?
- Members of which ethnic group were most restricted in their immigration to the Unites States, beginning in 1875?
- Which social philosophy is closest to being the opposite of the Social Gospel movement?
- When Jacob S. Coxey and his “army” arrived in Washington, D.C., to demand better treatment of America’s unemployed workers, they were arrested for __________.
- The Jim Crow system restricted the rights and political participation of __________.
- Advocates of Social Darwinism would agree that __________.
- What was the Pacific coast equivalent to Ellis Island?
- All of the following were populist coalitions that fought against a capitalist system that was unresponsive to their needs EXCEPT __________.
- What event marked the end of the Ghost Dances?
- Most New South industries had to depend on northern __________.