FINC 331 FINC331 Quiz 2 Answers (UMUC)
FINC 331 Quiz 2
- You purchase a two year annuity for $2800. The annuity pays $1500 each year. What is the annuity's approximate IRR?
- You can purchase two three-year annuities today. One is valued at $2000, the other at $4000. The 1st annuity begins paying $1000 in a year. The 2nd annuity begins paying $1500 in two years. The interest rate is 5%. What is the PV of the portfolio? (Assume anything not paid during the 3 years will be paid to you at the end of the 3 years.)
- Of the following car financing options, which one would you prefer while assuming that you prefer paying the least amount of dollars and that you face a 10% annual compound interest rate on all your financial decisions?
- Which of the following could be an appropriate period used in a present value calculation?
- In a year, you expect to receive a payment of $1 million in a year. That annual interest rate is 5%. What is the present value of the future payment?
- Assume you invest money in a bond that will pay you $250,000 in four years. The bond has an annual interest rate of 5%. You do not receive interest payments while you own the bond; it is zerocoupon. What is the bond's present value?
- What is the present value of $100,000 that will be received 5 years from today if you face a 10% compound interest rate every year (rounded up to the nearest dollar)?
- Which of the following is the definition of the Macaulay duration?
- Given an inflation rate of 3% and a real rate of 5%, what is the corresponding nominal rate?
- A bond has a coupon rate of 7% and a yield to maturity rate of 8%. The bond is ____.
- A bond grants its holder the option to sell the bond back to the issuer at a fixed price at a fixed date prior to the bond's maturity. When evaluating the bond's value, the company should calculate the bond's _____.
- Which of the following statements regarding bonds and par values is true?
- A zero-coupon bond has a face value of $1000 and a market value of $800. The bond will mature in 5 years. What is its yield to maturity?
- An annuity has an interest rate of 7% and makes a quarterly payment of $2000. The annuity is to last for 5 years. What is the present value of the annuity.
- Which of the following influences a bond's price risk?
We Also Recommend
"Applying Skills Learned" Please respond to the following- From the e-Activity, explain what you learned about the Website you selected
(TCO 3) Managers are often required to make decisions about the future based