FINC 331 FINC331 Homework 1 Solution (UMUC)
FINC 331 Homework 1
- Which of the following is a responsibility of a financial manager?
- Which of the following is a reason why a person would study finance?
- Which of the following jobs require a background in finance?
- What are the three central components of business ethics?
- Which of the following should you consider when choosing an organizational structure for a business?
- Which of the following is NOT a characteristic of a sole proprietorship?
- Which of the following is a legal characteristic of a general partnership?
- Which of the following is a characteristic of a corporation?
- Which of the following terms describes the protection of personal assets stemming from the corporate structure?
- At what level is income taxed in the S corporation?
- Which of the following is a factor that contributes to the conflict of interest between a company's bondholders and its shareholders?
- A company issued debt that did not grant the bondholders the ability to seize the company's assets to settle the obligation. This debt can be traded on a public exchange. Which of the following best describes this debt?
- Which of the following is the correct definition of the accounting equation?
- Which of the following is NOT a correct way of calculating a liquidity ratio?
- Which of the following is NOT a way to calculate the debt to equity ratio?
- The balance sheet is the only financial statement which ____
- Which of the following statements regarding the declining balance method of depreciation is true?
- A company has earnings before income tax of $2 million and a 15% tax rate. It had $250,000 in depreciation expenses with a $50,000 increase in working capital. It had another $100,00 in capital expenditures. What is its free cash flow.
- Which of the following does NOT describe the purpose of a Cash Flow Statement?
- A company's retained earnings at the beginning of the year is $1 million. It paid $100,000 in dividends, had $250,000 in net income, and its goodwill increased by $10,000. What is its retained earnings as of the end of the year?
We Also Recommend
"Applying Skills Learned" Please respond to the following- From the e-Activity, explain what you learned about the Website you selected
(TCO 3) Managers are often required to make decisions about the future based