FIN 3005 FIN3005 Week 10 Individual Work 2 (Everest University)
FIN3005 Week 10 Individual Work 2 (Everest University)
QUESTIONS AND APPLICATIONS p. 556
1. SI Sources and Uses of Funds: Explain in general terms how savings institutions differ from commercial banks with respect to their sources of funds and uses of funds. Discuss each source of funds for SIs. Identify and discuss the main uses of funds for SIs.
2. Ownership of SIs: What are the alternative forms of ownership of a savings institution?
3. Regulation of SIs: What criteria are used by regulators to examine a thrift institution?
6. Liquidity and Credit Risk: Describe the liquidity and credit risk of savings institutions, and discuss how each is managed.
10. Risk: Explain why many savings institutions experience financial problems at the same time.
QUESTIONS AND APPLICATIONS p. 568
1. Exposure to Interest Rate Risk: Is the cost of funds obtained by finance companies very sensitive to market interest rate movements? Explain.
2. Issuance of Commercial Paper: How are small and medium-sized finance companies able to issue commercial paper? Why do some well-known finance companies directly place their commercial paper?
3. Finance Company Affiliations: Explain why some finance companies are associated with automobile manufacturers. Why do some of these finance companies offer below-market rates on loans?
4. Uses of Funds: Describe the major uses of funds by finance companies.
7. Regulation of Finance Companies: Describe the kinds of regulations that are imposed on finance companies.
8. Liquidity Position: Explain how the liquidity position of finance companies differs from that of depository institutions such as commercial banks.
9. Exposure to Interest Rate Risk: Explain how the interest rate risk of finance companies differs from that of savings institutions.
10. Exposure to Credit Risk: Explain how the default risk of finance companies differs from that of other lending financial institutions.