EDU 645 EDU645 Week 4 Assignment 21st Century Instructional Plan Student Population
EDU 645 Week 4 Assignment 21st Century Instructional Plan Student Population
Part 1: Instructional Plan Design
This week you will construct a new instructional plan by considering your student population. Regardless of grade level, your class consists of 27 students. Of those, two are diagnosed with specific learning disabilities (SLD) in reading and math. One student has Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). Moreover, you just received a student last week who is not fluent in English (ELL). Your school follows a full English immersion program. Therefore, you and the student are getting very little “extra” support.
Synthesize what you have learned thus far by developing a new instructional plan utilizing one of the templates provided in Week Two. Your instructional plan must include the following components regardless of the format you choose:
Grade level content standard (using either math or English Language Arts [ELA] standards) 31
- Learning objective (clear, measurable, describes WHO will do WHAT and HOW)
- Gradual Release of Responsibility (each phase clearly labeled and utilized)
- Considerations for unique learners (differentiation, accommodations, modifications through instructional
activities AND assessments for the specific students identified as having diagnosed disabilities and language barriers. You must be more deliberate in how and where you interject your differentiation, modifications, accommodations, and so on within your activities, etc.
- Evidence of purposeful rigor and student thinking – at least two levels of Depth of Knowledge (DOK), clearly labeled
- At least one purposeful question posed by teacher to promote critical thinking;
- Assessment FOR learning; embed three different ways to assess FOR learning, including authentic
Part 2: Description
Following the instructional plan and within the same document, provide a one- to two-page synopsis of your plan, in essay format. Elaborate on how you determined the types of accommodations/modifications needed throughout your lesson activities and assessments. Describe how this plan sets ALL of your students up for mastering the objective and a future summative assessment.
We Also Recommend
"Applying Skills Learned" Please respond to the following- From the e-Activity, explain what you learned about the Website you selected
(TCO 3) Managers are often required to make decisions about the future based