EDU 338 EDU338 Week 4 Discussion 1 and 2
EDU 338 Week 4 Discussion 1 and 2
- Problem Solving and Reasoning. After reading Chapter Eight of the course text and watching the videoAdolescent Cognition: Thinking in a New Key, consider that, typically, the study of complex topics such as philosophy and experimental science are introduced during adolescence. The progression from Concrete Operations to Formal Operations allows for this complexity. For this discussion:
- Compare and contrast Piaget’s Concrete and Formal Operations stages.
- Explain how an adolescent’s maturing cognitive skills (progression from Concrete to Formal Operations)
contribute to his/her ability to study complex subject areas.
- Discuss factors, which may influence an adolescent’s problem solving or reasoning skills, connecting
with Piaget’s stage of Formal Operations.
- Guided Response: Read and respond to two of your classmates’ postings. Explain one additional factor which influences an adolescent’s problem solving and reasoning skills.
- Identity versus Identity Confusion. The challenge Erikson describes in adolescence is a search for identity. After reading Chapter Nine of the course text and conducting some independent research, discuss, in your own words, the main components of identity versus Identity Confusion in adolescents. Address the following:
- Identify factors which impact an adolescent’s search for identity.
- Describe how adults can support an adolescent’s search for identity and explain specific strategies that
will help support their identity.
After discussing identity versus Identity Confusion, and the influences on identity, consider the following scenarios and choose one:
Option A: Imagine you are a high school teacher. How would this understanding influence your practices in a classroom including how you interact with your students?
Option B: You are a mental health practitioner. How would this understanding influence your techniques in counseling/therapy sessions?
Guided Response: Read and respond to two of your classmates’ postings. Share at least one additional way an adult can support an adolescent’s search for identity.
We Also Recommend
"Applying Skills Learned" Please respond to the following- From the e-Activity, explain what you learned about the Website you selected
(TCO 3) Managers are often required to make decisions about the future based