ECET 110 ECET110 Week 6 iLab Solution
ECET 110 Week 6 iLab Transient Analysis of a Resistor-Inductor Circuit
- Perform a transient analysis on a Resistor-Capacitor circuit, and measure capacitor charge
and discharge times.
- Determine the steady state values of current, voltage, and the time constants for a Resistor-Capacitor circuit.
IBM PC or Compatible
DC Power Supply
DMM (Digital Multimeter)
1 – 10kW Resistor (color bands = brown, black, orange, gold), ¼ W
1 - 100μF electrolytic capacitor
1 – Breadboard and hookup wires
- Theoretical calculations of the time constant, voltage, current, and the duration the transients last for the sample RC circuit given in Fig. 6.1 below.
- For this question, assume that you are using Figure 6.1 but that the value or R and C are unknown. Assume the time constant for the circuit is 10 ms (milliseconds). If the new R is half of the original R and capacitor C is increased by 10 times, calculate the new time constant.
- Using the exponential formula for a charging circuit and assuming an initial voltage of zero volts across the capacitor, calculate the voltage across the capacitor at
We Also Recommend
"Applying Skills Learned" Please respond to the following- From the e-Activity, explain what you learned about the Website you selected
(TCO 3) Managers are often required to make decisions about the future based