ECE 405 ECE405 Week 4 Assignment 1 ePortfolio Submission 4: Multicultural Education
ECE 405 Week 4 Assignment 1 ePortfolio Submission 4: Multicultural Education
- According to Nieto and Bode (2008), “Becoming a multicultural teacher ...means first becoming a multicultural person” (p. 392). Throughout this course, we will discover ways to create multicultural learning environments that are responsive to the needs of children and their families. The first step is to examine our own beliefs about multicultural education. For this assignment, you will:
- Describe your current beliefs about multicultural education (i.e., how you define it). Complete this step before reading the article and the other source you choose.
- Create your own multicultural education philosophy statement after reading the Multicultural Education article and at least one other scholarly source of your choice.
- Discuss two to three specific ways to incorporate your philosophy into a multicultural classroom.
- Discuss two to three obstacles you might encounter when creating a multicultural learning environment
and include ways to address these challenges.
For this assignment, you will create a multimedia presentation using NewHive, or PowerPoint. If you choose to use NewHive, start by creating a free account. Your multimedia presentation should thoroughly address each of the four points above and your information should be presented in a clear, creative, and visually appealing way. Also, be sure to include references that are formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
This week you will complete the fourth section of your ePortfolio, which will demonstrate your cultural competence in multicultural education. You will add a new page to your ePortfolio that you created in Week One using GoogleSites. Please review the “Creating an ePortfolio” job aid (available in your online course) and the Example ePortfolio for guidance.
Include links to your ePortfolio on a Word document for submission.