COMP 274 COMP274 Week 6 Homework Assignment Solution
COMP 274 Week 6 Homework
1. What is the difference between throwing an exception and catching an exception?
2. How does a method declare that it can throw an exception? How does it actually throw an exception? Use Java code to illustrate your answer.
3. Explain the difference between a checked exception and an unchecked exception.
4. What happens if an exception does not have a matching catch block?
5. What can a catch block do with the exception object that it receives?
6. What is the purpose of the finally block?
7. What is the difference between text I/O and binary I/O?
8. What happens if you try to create a FileInputStream on a file that does not exist?
9. What happens if you try to create a FileOutputStream on a file that does not exist?
10. What are BufferedInput/OutputStreams and why are they used? Write some Java code to illustrate how to create a BufferedInputStream.
11. Write the line of code you would need to open the file c:\temp\mydata.txt for reading primitive data values from the file such as doubles, floats, ints, etc
12. Write lines of code to create object input and output streams for the file c:\temp\mydata.out.
13. What is the difference between sequential access and random access?
We Also Recommend
"Applying Skills Learned" Please respond to the following- From the e-Activity, explain what you learned about the Website you selected
(TCO 3) Managers are often required to make decisions about the future based