COMM 211 COMM211 Midterm Exam with Answers (American Public University)
COMM 211 COMM/211 COMM211 MIDTERM (AMERICAN PUBLIC UNIVERSITY)
- Persuasion relies on social connections and cultural assumptions that set the standards for what is considered correct or trustworthy.
- What year was social media first used?
- Twitter specializes in ____ whom one can follow, but Facebook focuses on _____.
- “Social media” is a term used to only describe social networks such as Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
- One of the limitations identified by the authors of the study “Facebook: How Students Work It” was
- In the study discussed in Chapter 4, ______ is defined as the degree to which content is tailored to individual students.
- The authors of the study discussed in Chapter 4 found that their researched supported the argument that social media can motivate students to engage, share, and learn.
- Which theory suggests that people who interact with each other learn from each other?
- The argumentative and persuasive use of the procedures that are the building blocks of computer programs is called
- In the study “Facebook: How Students Work It”, the authors found that anonymity is positively related to both engagement and connectedness.
- ______is categorized as a microblogging web application that allows users to connect to one another using 140-character messages.
- _________ are defined as Twitter users who engage the social media outlet as digital gatekeepers of information.
- In order to understand the roots of social media in a communication setting, it is necessary to gain some knowledge of the broader field of interpersonal communication.
- In the study presented in Chapter 5, which social media outlet was not successful in the implementation of the revised format of the course Media and Democracy?
- Consumers of mass media have always used their experience and interpretations as topics to engage other fans and friends, and is known as
- The practice of “water-cooler conversations” was the practice of discussing one’s views about the latest television programs decades ago.
- ______ is defined as posting an aggressive or condescending comment in a social media forum.
- According to the study in Chapter 6, facilitators are defined as people who re-tweet and pass along other tweets and information.
- One method used to redesign the course Media and Democracy to be more social media friendly and interactive for students was
- According the Chapter 6, Twitter hasn't changed the way in which people communicate very much.
We Also Recommend
"Applying Skills Learned" Please respond to the following- From the e-Activity, explain what you learned about the Website you selected
(TCO 3) Managers are often required to make decisions about the future based