COH 320 COH320 Midterm Exam Answers (National University)
COH 320 Midterm (National University)
- The number of annual deaths from CVD is approximately
- Which of the following are risk factors for CVD?
- Which of the following cholesterol levels characterizes an individual at high risk for developing CHD.
- Based on results from the INTERHEART STUDY, which of the following is the strongest risk factor for MI?
- What type of heart arrhythmia increases the risk of stroke more than five-fold?
- Which ethnic group has the highest prevalence of hypertension?
- The nation with the greatest longevity is
- Global relative mortality from chronic diseases is approximately
- The epidemiologic transition refers to
- The leading cause of death worldwide is
- The relative mortality from acute conditions (infection, violence, perinatal and maternal disease) in low income nations is approximately
- Which of the following conditions shows a declining prevalence with aging?
- Disability Adjusted Life Years (DALY) in developed countries arise primarily from premature death.
- Which of the following statements are true?
- Multiple CHD risk factors rarely cluster in the same individual.
- High blood pressure increases the risk of CHD by 2 to 3-fold in men and women of all ages. What are the threshold levels of blood pressure for high CHD risk?
- The “response to injury” hypothesis states that atherosclerosis is primarily a consequence of:
- The case fatality rate for MI is highest in developing nations.
- Which ethnic group has the highest incidence of MI?
- The mortality from stroke in the USA shows considerable overlap with mortality from which of the following diseases?
- The strongest predictor of stroke mortality among nations is the:
- Results from randomized clinical trials provide strong evidence that aggressive treatment of elevated blood pressure using anti-hypertensive medications significantly reduces the risk of acute stroke.
- What percentage of strokes are ischemic?
- Approximately one quarter of adults are hypertensive.
- The higher prevalence of hypertension in postmenopausal women compared to men of the same age is most likely a consequence of
- Essential hypertension accounts for what percentage of cases?
- In developing nations, the leading cause of cancer death among women is breast cancer.
- In developing countries, liver cancer ranks second in causing death from cancer due to relatively high exposure to all of the agents listed below except
- What form of cancer shows the greatest increase in mortality in US women since 1950?
- What form of cancer causes the most deaths among women in developing countries?
- Linoleic acid, an n-6 polyunsaturated fatty acid prominent in the US diet has been found to promote tumor growth and development.
- Approximately what percentage of cancer mortality is attributable to cigarette smoking and other forms of tobacco use?
- In developing countries, approximately what percentage of cancer mortality is attributable to chronic infection?
- Ingestion of moldy grain heightens the risk of liver cancer due to exposure to what class of compounds?
- Define Disability-Adjusted Life Years (DALY) and discuss the distribution of DALY worldwide.
- What forms of cancer are etiologically linked to chronic cigarette smoking or other forms of tobacco addiction?
- What are the key risk factors for CVD?
We Also Recommend
"Applying Skills Learned" Please respond to the following- From the e-Activity, explain what you learned about the Website you selected
(TCO 3) Managers are often required to make decisions about the future based